LOVE HAS AN OPENING FOR A PART-TIME POSITIONADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/PROGRAMS & OPERATIONS
Join our great team and be able to tell everyone you work for LOV! As our new Administrative Assistant/Programs & Operations, you’ll work closely with our Executive Director on day to day operations, special programs and events. You’ll be communicating with many people in the
Tri-Cities – from children to government officials, so you must have excellent communication skills – both in-person and on the telephone including the ability to correspond/interact with donors, volunteers, staff and the public. You’ll be relied on as an important part of our very small staff, and our very large community of volunteers, families, seniors children and supporters to play a key hands-on coordinator’s role. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a huge difference – come help LOV grow and continue bringing award-winning programs and services to our community for another 30+ years.
This is a part-time position, with a full-time heart.
You’ll report directly to our Executive Director, and need to fulfill the following needs and requirements:
- Must have administrative office experience, and know your way competently around Microsoft Office products. Database skills are a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both in-person and telephone and the ability to correspond/interact with donors, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Must be able to organize tasks and priorities under fast moving conditions where accuracy and attention to details without stress and a good attitude is required.
- Must be able to organize people and work assignments
- Must be able to be an example/reflection of the image of the Agency as set by the Board of Directors
- Must have good work ethic and attendance record
- Must have valid California State Driver’s license
- Must have ability to work independently
- Must be open to learning new skills as the work requires
- Assist recruiting volunteers for special programs such as Summer Recreation and ongoing programs and events that happen throughout the year.
- Coordinate and assist wherever needed in our program operations: Summer Recreation in the Parks, HolidayToy Drive, Adopt-a-Family, LOV’s Concert Season, Arts in Schools and others as requested by the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director planning and executing programs and events that affect children, seniors and families, and involve fundraising/and or volunteer commitment.
- Create and update our databases as needed.
- Learn to administer our website locally, with the help of our web developer.
- Help design, produce and distribute fundraising, event, and program support materials.
In addition to the above, the Administrative Assistant/Programs & Operations shall be responsible for such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.