Newark Arts Council
Join the Newark Arts Council and support LOV’s involvement in the Tri-City Arts. The Council’s many efforts include our Arts in Schools, Scholarships programs, Sunday Concert Series, and more.
The Council meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 5:30 pm at LOV’s main headquarters – 8440 Central Ave. Suite A/B, Newark. Meetings usually last no more than 1 hour and are open to anyone interested in promoting the arts in the Tri-City community. You do not have to live In Newark to be a member; however, you must become a supporting member of the Arts Council with an annual donation based on the schedule recommended by the Arts Council to the LOV Board of Directors for the annual Support The Arts campaign.
The Newark Arts Council work includes:
• Suggesting and auditioning (via CD/video) the performing artists for our Sunday Afternoon Concert Series. In addition – working the concerts taking in admission donations and acting as greeters at the door plus assisting in serving intermission refreshments.
• Suggesting, promoting & monitoring the” Arts In Schools” programs that bring multi-cultural artists into Tri-City schools. This is includes helping to deliver artist’s checks to the schools on assembly day.
• Working the City’s Music at the Grove Summer concerts by handing out programs and collecting the donation envelopes.
• Judging the Dan & Marie Archer fine arts & photography as well as the Frederic Jueneman Music scholarship applications and recommending the winners to the LOV Board of Directors.
• Promote and encourage attendance at concerts and other events.
• Judge the Newark Days coloring contest.