With your help, LOV feeds thousands of people every Thanksgiving Day and provides toys, food and needed household goods for hundreds of families and more than 20 local Tri-City agencies every December. Each year LOV Youth Volunteers make our Summer Recreation in the Parks program possible for more than 300 children. Our Youth Encouraged to Serve Club (YES!) helps plan and carry out exciting community events and projects (we have a lot of fun, too!).
Volunteering Benefits Everyone – especially YOU!
If you are interested in volunteering for LOV, please fill out the form below with your information, and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
Volunteering at LOV is a fun and rewarding experience! With over 40 programs, events, projects and services throughout the year, we’ll work with you to make a difference in the community, and provide all the backup you need for reporting and documenting your Service Hours.
We also offer convenient alternatives to the typical hours-based community service options.
If you’ve been ordered by the courts, your probation officer or school district office to perform mandated community service hours, LOV is here to assist you.
As part of the Court Mandated Community Service Hours program, It’s your job to show up as scheduled, perform your hours in a timely manner, and be willing to pitch in as needed here at LOV. We’ll track your hours, report to the courts as required, and issue you the final completion certificate that will release your requirements with the court. Here’s how it works:
|LOV COMMUNITY SERVICE COURT MANDATE FEES|
|Adults (18 and older)||1-100 hours = $20||101-150 hours = $25||151-200 hours = $30||Over 200 hours = $35|
|Minors (under 18)||1-50 hours = $5.00||51-100 hours = $10||Over 100 hours = $20|
Our Holiday volunteer programs are very popular in the Tri-Cities! Call us today for individual and group opportunities to make a difference in our community.
Scout Troops, Corporate Groups, Schools, Civic Organizations…. We LOV to work with our community! Bring your ideas for a community project, or ask how you can help. The needs and possibilities change all the time. Let’s work together to make a difference in the lives of the people who need it the most.
1. Event assistance
2. Event coordinating
3. Advertising & Promotions Team
|Program||Event||Dates & Times||Donation/Giving Opportunity||1-25 Volunteers||25-50 Volunteers||50-75 Volunteers||75-100 Volunteers|
|Thanks-giving Day Community Meal||Carving Party||Tuesday, November 21:1-4pm & Wednesday, November 22: 5-8pm th.
6 – 8 p.m.
|Purchase & Donate Turkeys or Pre-cooked Hams||1. Cook the turkeys & hams (if needed) at home.
2. Bring your own carving tools!
3. Group Delivers Cooked Hams & Turkeys to Newark Pavilion (in caravan? Photo-ops from departure & at arrival)
4. Arrive at Newark Pavilion and join the Carving Party! (group would have their own designated carving area)
5. (Max apx 30 people onsite for the carving)
|Sunday, December 13th.
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|Toy & Gift Card donations.
Stockings & Stuffers
|Help Santa pass out toys & stockings to approximately 400 children. (with or without costumes?)|
|Sponsor a Toy Drive and deliver the toys to our big event with Santa!||1. Collect Toy donations or host a Toy Barrel
2. Deliver wrapped or unwrapped toys to the event – arriving with Santa fanfare
3. Arrive to fill up Santa’s Workshop/Toy Room.
4. Help children select toys or pass out toys to older kids after they visit with Santa
|Saturday, December 12th.
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
|Decorations, Art Supplies, Prepared Backdrops & Scenery||1. Help decorate the interior of our party space.
2. Set up staged areas for Santa’s Throne Room, Magic Toy Workshop, Mouse King Sword Fighting Lessons, Food Tables & Performance Areas.
|Family Gifting Week
|Wed–Friday, December 16th, 17th and/or 18th..
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
|Food, Toys, Gifts, & Household Items||1. Man our Warehouse & Loading Dock to package/stock and car-load all family packages – food, toys, household items & other donated goods.
2. Designed for 3 groups of 20-25 people over 3 days.
|Annual Toy & Food Drive||Barrel Squad||Friday, December 8 & possibly 12/15th
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(possible 12/16 date)
|Personal Vehicles used for picking up toy barrels at various area locations||1. Meet at LOV office for delivery routes
2. Drive to various Toy Barrel locations & retrieve the toys/food & barrel (final day of the drive)
3. Return the Toys/Food & Barrels to LOV office
4. Help receive, sort, wrap and package toy orders.